The rare moments of serendipity that we all live for.
Have you ever had one of those days where your kids get ready for school without complaint, your commute is easy and your inbox is relatively empty when you get to work?
Yeah, neither have we.
That's why those satisfying moments, when life as a working mom just clicks, are so damn sweet. Sure, everyone loves to leave work at 5 p.m., but not everyone faces a hefty fee from their daycare if they don't. And plenty of people love Target, but they probably haven't rushed there on their lunch break for breastmilk storage bags. As working moms, we just don't need sudden and easy solutions. We're desperate for them.
So when a bit of serendipity strikes, allowing us to be great moms and employees, with minimal effort? It's time to play the lottery, my friend. You totally understand what I'm talking about. Like this ...
1. Being the first to sign up to bring napkins to the school party.
2. When you hit it off with your kid's friend's mom and she asks to meet for coffee ... on a weekend because she's got a full-time job too.
"Did we just become best friends?"
3. When you get home late from work, but your kid already did his homework.
And it's (mostly) correct!
4. When you work from home on a day your commute would've been killer.
Dodged a bullet with that one.
5. When your kid proudly tells someone what you do for a living (somewhat correctly).
That's right! Tell 'em!
6. When you have a work holiday, but daycare is open.
Best Labor Day ever!
7. When your big, important meeting gets moved so it doesn't conflict with your kid's big, important school event.
Sometimes the scheduling gods are good to me.
8. When the mandatory team-building activity takes place during work hours.
Mid-afternoon laser tag, anyone?
9. When your office opens a plush, new room for nursing moms.
I know where I'll be napping, er, pumping.
10. When your company adds a paid week off for new parents the year you welcome a child.
Talk about perfect timing!
11. When you find out about an affordable kids' camp during your child's school breaks.
Salute your shorts, kiddos.
12. When a Target opens near your office.
Just take my money. All of it.
13. When you finish pumping for good.
Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.
14. When you find a great doctor who takes your insurance—and she has weekend hours.
Paging Dr. Awesome.
15. When daycare calls your partner first—and he'll leave work to pick up your sick kid.
You'll return the favor next time. (Maybe.)
16. When your kid gets a fever Friday night, but is healthy for daycare by Monday morning.
17. When you get a new manager who likes to leave by 4:30 each day.
Boss of the year.
18. When you think you'll be the last to daycare pickup and there are at least two other kids there when you arrive.
19. When the apple/carrots/banana doesn't make the return trip home in the lunch box.
A girl can dream.
20. When your 4 p.m. meeting actually ends by 5 p.m.
We'll take the closet too.
Written by Meredith Bodgas for Working Mother and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to email@example.com.