Low in carbs and high in protein, this dish brings healthy and flavorful to a new level.
Parchment-Baked Halibut with Pesto, Zucchini and Carrots Recipe
Makes: 4 Servings
- 4 (12 x18-inch) sheets parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets
- ¼ cup commercial pesto
- 1 cup carrots, shredded (approx. 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded (approx. 1 small zucchini)
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Unfold parchment paper and coat lightly with cooking spray, leaving a 2-inch border ungreased at edge.
- Place fillet on one side so that it touches the fold, but not the ungreased border. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto over fillet; top with 1/4 cup carrot and 1/4 cup zucchini. Sprinkle with one-fourth of salt and pepper. Drizzle fillet with 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon wine.
- Fold paper; seal edges with narrow folds. Repeat with the remaining parchment paper, fish, and vegetables.
- Place packets on baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned.
- To serve, open packets and transfer the fillets with their vegetable topping to plates; pour juices over top. Or serve right in packets; carefully transfer to plates and pierce each to allow steam to escape.
Nutrients per serving: 303 calories, 14 g fat, 5 g carbs, 37 g protein
Written by OxygenMag for Oxygen Magazine and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.